- Meat and poultry
- Beef pie
These puff pastry turnovers filled with a beef mince and pepper mixture are a recipe from Cameroon. Their name, pili pili is not to be confused with the African hot sauce.
Be the first to make this!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 200g beef mince
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- For the filling, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook and stir the onions until golden. Stir in the beef mince, garlic, parsley, green pepper and the stock cube, and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 8 to 12 pieces. Add a small amount of cooled filling in the centre of each and fold over. To seal the edges, brush with beaten egg.
- Brush turnovers with beaten egg and bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 30 minutes.