in Transylvania everyone knows cabbage soup under the name of luscos name that comes from Hungarian. My husband is always happy when I do something like that. I gladly present you the soup in one of my plates left by my grandmother.
- 400 gr costita
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 500 gr green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon buoy
- leek tails
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 glass of broth [approx. 200 ml]
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Smoked Cabbage Soup - Glossy:
- the vegetables are cleaned and washed.
- the ribs are left to soak in cold water.
- in a pot with 4 liters of hot water put sliced ribs, grated carrot, chopped onion, paprika, pepper paste, thyme and dill.
- after 15 minutes of cooking, add the finely chopped cabbage.
- after another 15 minutes, try if the vegetables are cooked, mix the flour with the broth and a little water, add it to the soup and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- taste with pepper, sprinkle with finely chopped leek tails.
- serve with green onions, hot peppers and red radishes.
whoever wants can also serve it with sour cream.
1 kg smoked pork ribs
1 small cabbage (about 650 gr)
1/2 red bell pepper
2 canned tomatoes (or 150 ml homemade broth)
1 tablespoon white flour tip
2 tablespoons oil
3-4 threads marar
salt, black pepper
- Cut the ribs between the bones and put them in a large pot. Put on low heat, leave the fat and brown slowly. From time to time, stir to brown the ribs on all sides. It takes about 15 minutes, until then prepare the vegetables.
- Finely chop the onions and peppers. Grate the carrot. Add these vegetables over the ribs, mix and let the onion soften a bit (about 3 minutes).
- Add 2.5 l of water and boil with the lid slightly ajar for 1 hour, over medium to low heat (boil the soup only lightly, otherwise it will drop too quickly and too much). After this time check the ribs, they must be boiled, to easily enter the fork.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Cut in half. Place each half down with the cut and cut into 1.5 cm slices. Then turn to 90 degrees and cut perpendicularly, still 1.5 cm slices. Basically that's how you cut the cabbage into squares. Sprinkle salt and plenty of ground black pepper over the cabbage and knead it a little, until you feel it dissolve and soften a little (if the cabbage is young you don't need to knead it too much).
- Add the crushed tomatoes with a fork together with a little sauce on them.
- Put the cabbage over the ribs and stir to sit well in the pot. Now it will seem that the soup is a bit thick, but it's ok so, the cabbage will soften and in the end it will be right.
- Place plenty of dried thyme threads on top. Take the leaves from a few strands and sprinkle them in the soup.
- Boil with a lid for another 30 minutes on low heat. Then taste the soup. If necessary, add salt to taste. Also check that the cabbage is cooked. Remove the thyme threads.
- In a large frying pan, add the oil and heat it well. Add the flour and mix only until it is absorbed into the oil and looks like a paste. Extinguish with 3-4 tablespoons of hot soup, so as to obtain a rantas that flows easily.
- Pour the rantas into the soup, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the chopped dill and turn off the heat. Let it sit for half an hour before serving.
5. Add the tomatoes, cabbage and thyme in abundance
6. After another 30 minutes of cooking
7. After I added the rantas
Cabbage soup with smoked
Cabbage soup with smoked it is, for sure, one of the most beloved soups of the Romanians. It is often found under the name of Transylvanian cabbage soup, and in our area through Cluj it is also known as glossy or luscious, which comes from the Hungarian lucskos.
The soup is very tasty. It is full of pieces of meat, vegetables and dill. It is a rustic soup and I like to say, economical. You don't have to spend a significant budget on your wallet for a generous portion of zama.
For luscious we use smoked meat, usually a fatter one. In my family it is also prepared with smoked meat and even if the taste is not the same, obviously, the soup comes out very good. During Lent we prepare meatless cabbage soup, but its name does not change, we still call it luscious.
Most of the time, my mother used to do the luscos with rântas. Fry a little flour in oil and quench with broth, then add everything to the soup. For many years he gave up this step and replaced everything with simple broth. But, for the sake of tradition and taste, you can also try the rântas variant.
I won't talk to you anymore, I'll leave you the recipe below as I learned it from my mother, who learned it from my grandmother and so on.
Ingredients Smoked cabbage soup
- 1 smoked ciolan (I had one with a bone of about 1.2 kg)
- 1, 5 kg of white cabbage
- 1 whole white onion
- 3 carrots
- ¼ celery root (it was a marisoara root)
- 2 parsnip roots
- 300 ml broth
- 1 link fresh dill
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Preparation Smoked cabbage soup
To start, boil the ciolan in a large pot. Together with the ciolan we add the bay leaves, thyme, cumin seeds and enough water to cover the ciolan well. Let it simmer until the meat is soft, frothing from time to time if necessary.
Until the stew boils, we take care of the rest of the ingredients. Cut the cabbage in half and remove the back, then cut it into strips. If you get bigger pieces, it's not a catastrophe.
We clean the carrots, parsnips and celery and cut them into cubes. Finely chop the onion.
Once the stew is cooked, take it out of the pot, remove the meat from the bone and cut it into cubes or larger pieces, as you like. I don't cut the meat very small, but if you like it that way, do it.
In the water in which the ciolan boiled, add the vegetables, but not the cabbage. We also put the pieces of meat, the paprika, the broth and a little salt if needed (depending on how salty the ciolan is).
Let everything boil for about 15-20 minutes, then add the cabbage. Fill with water if needed. Let the soup boil until the cabbage is soft.
Turn off the heat, add a little pepper, finely chopped dill and smoked cabbage soup is ready.
Sweet cabbage soup
I refrained from putting sour cream in this soup, I wanted it to be a fasting recipe: D With sour cream, cabbage soup is incomparably tastier.
Thank you all for this wonderful recipe
And I cook this kind of soup just by simply calling it & quot; cabbage & quot. In my family (that is, in Iasi), when we say that we cook & quotvarza & quot, everyone understands what we mean. But I see that most people I know in Bucharest do not cook and have not heard of this way of cooking cabbage. Just last night I made smoked cabbage. You lick your fingers: D
We have seen that many foods differ from one region to another or, if they are the same, then their name is different. In my family, by "cabbage" we mean a quality cabbage :)
And to me the same. & # 39Cabbage & # 39 = Cabbage soup. :).
And in Galati we still say "quotvarza", although to the recipe presented we add a little borscht, and a hot pepper next to it and it's insane. In my family, it is often cooked in the summer, because it is an easy food to make and for the ball.
:) And what was it like after you finished?
right now I'm starting to cook the cabbage soup!
Good cooking and good appetite, Otilia!
Miamyyyy. I do these days too. But can I not cook vegetables? Can I boil them directly?
Cristina, I see that Deliutza has already answered you - you don't necessarily have to cook the vegetables for the cabbage soup.
It was raining in my mouth, I'll do it tomorrow too. It's not necessary to cook the vegetables, you can put them directly to boil. Good appetite for everyone.
Thank you for your help, Deliutza!
And when you think that people eat it just to lose weight.
how good it looks. I'll do it tomorrow.
And today I started a diet with hot water and lemon to which I will add this recipe that looks so good. I hope to manage to lose weight, the will exists but we will see along the way.
Good luck, at as many pounds lost! Definitely cabbage soup looks better than lemon water :)
Hi & quotMan the pot & quot!
Right now I cut the sweet cabbage fidelita and I thought to look a little on the net, how to prepare other pers. cabbage soup.
In small and large, I have the same everywhere. I put dill in the sauerkraut, and in the soup I put thyme.
I also put it into practice for dietary reasons, but I personally let Kg flow slowly and heat all the vegetables a little in 2-3 ls of rapeseed oil and boil a few smoked ribs with a little fat, which I add to the soup, in this way mi- it seems the diet is easier to bear. As a matter of fact, I'm a liar, maaaaaaaare. hard to refrain when it's vb. cooking, especially for cakes. I think no one surpasses me :-)))
All the best and thousands of thanks for recipes and photos!
Perfect. after I add sour cream and bacon! Thanks for the tip.
With pleasure! It would be a shame to eat cabbage soup only when we want to lose weight.
Good evening, we were looking for recipes with cabbage soup for weight loss, and we got here. My mother, whatever it looks like, I think I'm gaining about 2 kg instead of losing weight.
Good evening (although, I don't know how good it is, if our meeting makes you put on 2 kg :))). On the other hand, sweet cabbage soup is not the only method to lose weight, there are certainly other less tasty methods that can & quottopi & quot including the excess of 2 kg: D
Thank you very much for the answer. I don't think you would need to lose weight (I weigh 58 kg at 170 cm), but you know how we girls are. we always want perfection. and I'm really looking for the famous cabbage soup, but you left me ready with your soup. to sign, I'm Maia.
Bravo Maia, with Robert's recipes you can't remain indifferent. Whoever enters his blog, must know that they eat well here, not a joke & quotHI HI HI & quot. Robert, you make me cook every day (not that I'm in shape in the kitchen, but you make me see everything as easy).
Haha, I also wanted perfection when I wrote my cabbage soup recipe, but it seems I didn't succeed: D The recipe would have been really perfect if it contained 0 calories - or it would have repulsed and not- it would have made us lose our appetite :)) Anyway, Maia, I like your conclusion! )
Gianna, it's not at all unpleasant to be bothered with laudatory messages :) And it's nice to see that I managed to reach my goal: to be able to write recipes in such an inactive world to realize how simple cooking is actually . My opinion is that we complicate our lives in the kitchen, and at some point we end up not seeing the forest because of the trees :)
So. after all, can you lose weight with this recipe as well as with the original cabbage soup recipe, which promises 7kg lost in 7 days ?? I don't like that at all, I can't even eat it, and that's why I say ... maybe with this I will succeed in some performance, who knows :))
I'm not a nutritionist, but you know what they say, at the sought-after tree you shouldn't go with a bag) miracles: D You will certainly not lose weight in & quotin this way & quot by eating something as tasty as my cabbage soup, but at least you will eat it with pleasure. In the end, we enter a vicious circle: we are unhappy if we do not lose weight, but then we are weak but unhappy because we eat something that makes us sick.
Cabbage soup works especially if we put smoked ribs and vegetables in it comes out great
After all, we don't all eat cabbage soup to lose weight :) Of course, that smoked ribs works wonders with this recipe!
I made it, and it turned out very good, just the cabbage before you put it to boil must be washed and put with a little salt for 15 minutes, so it softens and boils before (that's what I learned from my mother).
Hello everyone. I made the soup today, and I added a little smoked scallops and some fried pork from the bucket. It went crazy, and I don't even want to hear that it's a weight loss recipe. (With what I added, it's definitely not). good result, and especially thousands of thanks to the one who gave us the basic blackberry in the mouth. Thanks Robert. To be honest, since I discovered you, I'm out of ideas. TE ADOOOOR. Sincerely, Gianna.
In the author's recipe I also recommend a little (ramirica) thyme. Try the sour with lemon salt, squeezed lemon.
Thanks to everyone for the tips, I hope they will be useful to those who read the comments of the recipe. I'm salivating now at the fried pork from Gianna's garnish :)
The soup involves borscht and larch. That's how I learned from my mother. I made it as such and it turned out wonderful. With or without meat, with or without cream, it turns out delicious anyway!
Still broken by me personally.
- capsicum + onion + chopped cabbage thrown in boiled water with salt, I boiled them like. 30 min., Until the thick ribs of the cabbage began to soften.
Then I put:
- paprika, along with
- broccoli + cauliflower + carrots (frozen sachet).
After 10 minutes, I added pepper, it was perfect.
He made me put other ingredients, mentioned by others (NOT-GOOD Ingredients):
- tomato paste (already it didn't seem to taste the same),
- parsley (worse), it wasn't sour anymore, so I understood to straighten it with
Sour, with a slight borscht taste instead of cabbage or vegetables, the only advantage was that it remained full, thanks to the vegetables.
I also wrote this recipe for me, not to follow others, so the original recipe is the best.
Thank you, Mr. La Cratita!
Hehe, I thought the same thing when I started the culinary blog, in 2010: to write recipes for myself in the first place, not to end up as a mother who cooks using her ragged notebook: D
So this is my next soup I make, :-) if you have other recipes for diet (slimming) I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you very much -)
Transylvanian smoked cabbage soup
White cabbage, fresh, we like more than sour, we like pork smoked, so we prepared a delicious Transylvanian cabbage soup recipe with smoked.
We fully benefit from white cabbage, now in its season and we prepare it quite often.
Both options are very tasty, especially served with hot peppers and homemade bread.
And if we add a tablespoon of cream, we don't need anything else at the table.
We like sour cabbage more for sarmale and salad. But, in the cold season, we also prepare it with jumari, or hardened, in fasting.
* Remember that I am waiting for you every day facebook page of the blog with many recipes, new ideas and many other news.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with dishes from the blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more.