- 1 pound campanelle (trumpet-shaped pasta) or orecchiette (little ear-shaped pasta)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese, plus additional for sprinkling
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add zucchini; sauté until tender and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Mix in garlic and oregano; remove from heat.
Add zucchini mixture to pasta, adding reserved pasta cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls as needed to moisten. Add 1/2 cup cheese; stir until melted. Transfer to large bowl. Serve, passing additional cheese for sprinkling.