Fluffy homemade dumplings may sound like a lot of work, but you'll be surprised to find out how basic they are. With this quick and easy drop dumplings recipe, you’ll learn how to make dumplings from scratch that are simple, delicious and ready to eat in minutes. MORE+LESS-
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoons vegetable oil
carton (32 oz) Progresso™ Broth Chicken or Beef Flavored
Add all dry ingredients to a medium bowl and combine well.
Add oil and mix with a fork. Gradually add water to achieve your desired consistency.
Bring broth to a boil and add dumplings by the spoonful. Cook 4 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
- All-purpose flour is best for this recipe. Other flours will work differently and may alter the cook time.
- Be sure the broth is boiling when you drop in the dumplings, so the bottoms cook.
- You can add 1 to 2 teaspoons dried herbs to the dumpling dough before cooking for added flavor.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with grated Parmesan cheese for a savory finish.
- Drop dumplings are used in stews like chicken and dumplings or soups like chicken soup.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- The secret's out! Tender, pillowy dumplings may taste like they took eons to prepare but after making our drop dumplings from scratch, you'll know the truth. While most recipes for drop dumplings can take well over an hour to cook, this recipe only requires three steps and an hour of your time before you’ll have a savory, comforting bowl of dumpling bliss. Homemade drop dumplings are satisfying all on their own, but should you choose, there's plenty of room to play with your own tasty broth add-ins, like scallions and mushrooms. There's also room to play in our easy soup collections, so what are you waiting for?